Why do you use deodorant? Most people will answer that they have to use deodorant because of bad breath from their armpits. Don’t worry it’s common with many peoples and that was many peoples using perfumes or deodorants to avoid bad smells from armpits. As a result, teenage girls and boys tend to have odorous armpits once they hit puberty.
The Best Deodorant For A Teenage Girl
There are a lot of deodorant or antiperspirants products available in the market. But how can you find the best product you need? Leading brands also mention ingredients on products. We will let you know what you should look for in the desired products. First of all, you need to know the difference between antiperspirants and deodorants.
Antiperspirant vs. Deodorant
- Antiperspirants work by blocking the pores temporarily so that less sweat is produced on your skin. The less sweat you have on your skin, the less odor you are likely to have.
- Deodorants can help relieve sweat smell, but not prevent sweat itself. These products often use alcohol, turning your skin acidic and stopping bacteria from forming, and causing sweat to smell.
So, that is the main difference between Antiperspirants and Deodorants. So whenever you need to buy deodorants for yourself you must be aware of that fact and always prefer to buy deodorants that have active ingredients of antiperspirants. Let’s have a look here. We find some best deodorants for teenage girls.
Best Deodorant For A Teenage Girl
Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick for Women
- Enhanced with Triple Odor Defense technology providing a...
- Powerful all-day protection keeps you smelling great
- Quick drying formula leaves no trace of white residue on you...
- Suitable for all skin types
Mitchum Deodorant is the best-selling product and has both features to prevent you from armpits bad smell. Antiperspirant as mentioned before is an active agent that stops sweating between your private body parts and so the deodorant keeps your skin fragrant.
So, according to the brand, this product is enhanced with Triple Odor Defense technology providing a shield against odor from heat, motion, and stress. Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick includes power full anti-sweat deodorants that prevent you from bad smell for the next 48-Hours. One of the advantages of this product is that dermatologists have approved it and that it’s suitable for all skin types. It is thus a good deodorant for teenage girls.
Love Beauty And Planet Deodorant
- Our Love Beauty And Planet Aluminum Free Deodorant, Murumuru...
- Made with ethically sourced and hand-picked Bulgarian rose...
- This deodorant without aluminum is also enriched with...
- Vegan deodorant and not tested on animals
Love Beauty And Planet Deodorant Made with ethically sourced and hand-picked Bulgarian rose extract, to keep you smelling fresh all day long with floral notes. The brand claims that the product has 96% active natural ingredients. So if you feel your skin is so sensitive then you need to try love beauty and planet deodorant. This product is also suitable for teenage girls who have pretty sensitive skin. Another best-selling product at Amazon and have good customer reviews about the product quality. Check the product comparison table for active ingredients.
Secret Antiperspirant Clinical Strength Deodorant for Women
- Clinical Strength Deodorant and Antiperspirant gives you 2X...
- Sweat and odor are no match for Clinical Strength 48 hours...
- Start dry and stay dry with this invisible solid that goes...
- Keep stress sweat in check with 4X the stress-sweat...
A complete medicated product secret antiperspirant clinical strength deodorant for teenage girls that is suitable for every type of skin. Further, this deodorant has quite a number of chemical-based ingredients and we only recommend it if you are a Sportsgirl. Because young sports girls need a little extra formula for reducing sweat odor. The active agents in this deodorant are Aluminum, Alkyl Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, and they all meet the legal standards set by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
What causes smelly armpits?
- Your body has sweat glands to help you cool down. Sweating is an essential process that helps us keep cool.
- Apocrine and eccrine sweat glands make up the two main kinds of sweat glands.
- Most of your body is covered with eccrine glands, which are caused by sweat.
By contrast, apocrine glands occur in areas that contain a lot of hair follicles, like the groin and armpit. Instead of opening up to the surface of the skin, apocrine glands empty into the hair follicle and then open up to the surface.
This gland produces an odorless fluid that is secreted when stressed, which becomes scented by bacteria from your skin. Apocrine glands begin producing an odor only once we hit puberty, so that’s why we first notice a smell when we’re teens.
This is normal, but some people sweat excessively. This condition is called hyperhidrosis, causing excessive sweating from the hands, feet, and armpits. If your doctor suspects you suffer from this, there are tests you can have done to make sure the diagnosis is confirmed.
How to treat smelly armpits?
Whether there is an underlying medical condition or if the odor is caused by poor hygiene, whether the treatment is effective depends on your situation. The treatment may change depending on the severity of the odor. Here are some tips for you to treat the smelly armpits.
- Keep yourself hydrated, and drink some warm water first thing in the morning.
- After a walk or exercise, take a quick shower with warm water when your body is cool.
- Wear loose clothes in hot weather so that your sweat dries quickly.
- Being a teenage girl During the day, you can reduce armpit odor by applying antiperspirant or deodorant. (Or apply a combination antiperspirant-deodorant).