Gaggia Classic Review about the basic features and the best espresso machine. As with all the stuff that we usually buy for ourselves, we constantly look for a nice price-to-ratio balance. Knowing this means doing our homework, deciding on what we need, acknowledging quirks, and trade-offs that a certain feature or price point may bring. In the world of espresso machines, an easy-to-use, great build, and the quality machine are what most of us typically look for, and of course, the results it will produce should be excellent and consistent. Today we will take a look at the Gaggia Classic, another contender in the entry-level to midrange espresso maker arena.
- Rugged Brushed Stainless Steel housing
- Commercial three-way solenoid valve. Capacity water tank -...
- Commercial-style 58mm chrome-plated brass portability and...
- Commercial steam wand. Rotating steam want movement type
Gaggia RI9380/46 Classic Pro Espresso Machine
Housed in stainless steel with brushed styling, the Gaggia Classic screams toughness and durability. With its compact frame of 25 x 13 x 12 inches and a total weight of 19 lbs, the Gaggia Classic will easily find a spot in your kitchen and blends well with your other stuff through its modern and industrial design.
- Gaggia Classic 1 Cup Filter
- Professional Brew Group and Commercial Style Portafilter
- Chrome plated and made from marine brass, the Gaggia Classic’s Portafilter and Brew Group are of the highest quality and are sure to withstand against rust and corrosion.
This also results in excellent temperature stability and control, which is important in the brewing process. The portafilter supports both Ground Coffee and E.S.E. Coffee Pods, which provide the user with more options for their brews. Finally, it allows support for single and double shot contents through its stainless steel baskets.
Boiler with Two Heating Elements
The Gaggia Classic features a 3.5-oz. Boiler with Two External Heating Elements. This unique integration allows for some excellent heat distribution on the machine, evenly spreading the temperature level to help yield optimal results.
3-Way Solenoid Valve
A 3-Way Solenoid Valve relieves the pressure from the brewing operation. By effectively diverting both excess water and pressure from the portafilter to the drip tray, the messy leftovers of coffee grounds usually found in other machines are avoided. A solid leftover puck is left instead, which allows for more natural cleaning.
Turbo Frother Frothing Wand, Removable Water Reservoir, and Cup Warmer
The Gaggia Classic is equipped with the Turbo Frother, basically, a modified frothing wand, which makes it easier to create creamy lattes and cappuccinos. A large 72-oz. Water Reservoir lets you brew without the need for constant refills, and when needed, can be easily refilled since it is removable. The Cup Warming space on top is a welcome addition, priming your cups so that the espresso will be in their best state once poured.
Gaggia Classic vs. Rancilio Silvia V3
In order to compare the functions and features of the Gaggia Classic vs. Rancilio Silvia V3, just check out our in-depth head to head comparison.
Gaggia Classic vs. Gaggia Baby Class
- TitleGaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel Gaggia 12300 Baby Class Manual Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
- FeatureCoffee/espresso machine with a 72-ounce removable water reservoir
- Stainless-steel housing; brass portafilters and group head for temperature stability
- 17-1/2-bar pump with the high-voltage boiler; hot-water dispenser; frothing wand
- Single- and double-shot stainless-steel filter basket, tamper, and measuring scoop included
- Measures 14-1/4 by eight by 9-1/2 inches
- Espresso machine with chrome-plated brass brew group and a heavy 58-mm portafilter
- 15-bar pump; high-wattage boiler; 3-way solenoid valve; push-button controls
- 60-ounce removable reservoir;
- can make 2 cups simultaneously; steamer for frothing milk
- Includes single-shot, double-shot, and E.S.E. filter basket; coffee tamper; and coffee scoop
- Measures 10-2/5 by 9-3/5 by 15-2/3 inches
- Warranty1 year 1 Year parts, 1-year labor
- Height12 inch 15.7 inch
- Weight20 pound 9 pound
- Width13 inch 9.6 inch
- Length25 inch 10.4 inch
The high-quality construction and commercial-grade components used make the Gaggia Classic stand out among the crowd. An espresso machine should provide years and years of excellent service, be consistent and reliable. The quality of shots produced by the Gaggia Classic is impressive, and the smooth operation and cleanup add more value to the machine. A competent machine both in performance and build, we won’t think twice in recommending the Gaggia Classic.
May You Like: