Kenmore Elite 76033 6.1 cu. ft. Self Clean Double Oven in Stainless Steel, includes delivery and hookup. Kenmore’s self-cleaning oven is one of the most popular ovens available. The Kenmore brand is sold exclusively by Sears, and the name is well regarded as a manufacturer of quality appliances suitable to meet the needs of most budgets.
Kenmore Self Cleaning Oven
- Item includes room of choice delivery, unboxing, item hook-up, and free optional haul-away at checkout
- 6.1 cubic foot capacity in two ovens for more versatility in preparing family meals
- 17,000 turbo boil gas burner brings liquids to a quick boil
- 5,000 BTU simmer burner
- 5 burner cooktop includes a griddle
|Item Weight||268 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||52 x 31 x 32 inches|
|Item model number||02276033|
|Installation Type||Free Standing|
|Form Factor||Stand Alone|
|Included Components||Gas Range|
1.0 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#5,256 in Appliances (See top 100)|
#70 in Appliances > Ranges > Freestanding Ranges
|Shipping Weight||278 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Domestic Shipping||Item can be shipped within the U.S.|
|International Shipping||This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More|
|Date First Available||July 28, 2017|
Warranty & Support
Popular Kenmore Models
There are several models of Kenmore Self Clean Oven ovens sold under the Kenmore brand. They vary by type and size, but all work basically the same way. Kenmore self-cleaning ovens are available in gas models as well as electric so you can find what you need. Popular models include:
How to Use the Self-Cleaning Feature
If you have lost the instructions to your self-cleaning oven, then you will be glad to know Kenmore Self Clean Oven designs each of their ovens similarly, so if you can no longer find a replacement manual, you can get an idea of how to use the oven by looking at the manual for another Kenmore oven or by following these instructions:
- Check the area around your oven and the range. Remove any dish towels, pots and pans, serving wear, etc. Since the oven temperature will get very high during cleaning, it’s best to make sure the surrounding area is clean and safe.
- Next, remove all oven racks and accessories from the interior while it is cold. Otherwise, they could become damaged or discolored. Make sure there is no aluminum foil in or around the oven as the high heat will cause it to melt.
- Clean any soil, dirt, or food residue from the oven frame, the door liner (outside the oven door gasket), and the area at the center at the front center of the oven bottom with soap and water. Soil that is not cleaned prior to using the self-cleaning function could become burned on.
- Some models allow you to choose different times depending on how dirty your oven is (typically two, three, or four hours). If you have the option to select a time for the self-cleaning cycle, select the desired option.
- Press start to begin the self-cleaning cycle.
- The oven door will automatically lock within seconds of activating self-cleaning. Don’t attempt to unlock it during this time.
- The oven door will unlock once the oven has sufficiently cooled (typically about an hour after the cleaning cycle has ended).
- When the interior is completely cool, wipe away any ash or residue that remains with a damp washcloth or paper towel.
- Replace the oven racks, and your oven is ready to use.
- Customers should note it is important to make sure the area is ventilated the first time the cleaning cycle is used. It’s also essential young children aren’t left unattended while the cleaning cycle is activated.
Understanding the Self-Cleaning Cycle
A Kenmore Self Clean Oven works by allowing the inside temperature to rise to a very high level. It will then stay at this temperature, usually about 1,000F degrees, for the period it is set to. During this time of high temperatures, dirt, spills, and grease residue are burned off. It is literally incinerated and turned into white ash. The door locks automatically and cannot be opened. This complete cycle of heating up, cleaning, and cool down can take up to six hours. Many people set the oven to clean before they go to bed and wake up to a clean oven in the morning.
If you schedule the oven cleaning regularly, it will stay quite clean without much effort. It is a great way to have a sparkling clean oven without the use of toxic chemical cleaners.
It is important to never use harsh or abrasive cleaners in your self-cleaning oven. Always wipe it out with a damp cloth and plain water to avoid toxic fumes from being produced during the cleaning process.
Replacing a Lost Owner’s Manual
If you have lost your owner’s manual then you may be able to get a replacement for free. Go the Find a Manual section of the Sears website. You will need to know the brand and model number. If the owner’s manual is on file, you will be able to download it and print it out easily and quickly. If you have an older Kenmore, then you will need to contact Sears to see if they still have the one that you need.
If you have the owner’s manual but need replacement parts for your oven, then you may be able to find the parts you need at Sears Parts Direct. The manual should include a list of parts and their corresponding part numbers so you should have no problem looking up and ordering the parts you need.
Save Time With a Self-Cleaning Oven
One of the best things about this self-cleaning oven is it can give you back some of your all-too-valuable time. Rather than spending your afternoon scrubbing the oven, you can just program it and allow it to clean itself while you tackle more enjoyable tasks. Kenmore has a good reputation, and Sears has excellent repair and customer service policies which add to the popularity of these oven models but as always, you should shop around for the appliance that best fits your needs and budget before settling on a specific brand or model.