The Mr. Coffee Latte Maker (model#BVMC-EL1) is a 2-cup capacity, a drip-type coffee machine that specializes in creating perfect cups of homemade café latté using the fully automated feature of frothing and heating the milk at the same time as the coffee grounds are brewing in the basket. It is also not limited to just making lattés but also any beverage that has froth in it as the product’s goal is to ultimately bring “coffeehouse-style beverages from the brewer to your cup in minutes.”
Mr. Coffee Cafe Latte Maker
If you happen to be one looking for a budget-friendly and cost-effective machine with froth making capability, then you need not look any further. The Mr. Coffee Latté is a perfect choice to have for people who like having their coffee other than the traditional brewed variety. You can even experiment with other types of froth-based beverages with the included recipe pamphlet. So raise your cups and enjoy what this affordable mini barista can offer for a different everyday coffee experience.
Body & Design
Sleek and compact is what comes to mind upon first glance at the Mr Coffee Latte Maker with an overall size measurement of just 10″D x 6″W x 14″H, although it is surprisingly heavy at 7.5 lbs. The entire unit is wrapped in a sleek black color scheme made from a combination of plastics and brushed aluminum — a 24oz. Capacity glass pitcher sits conspicuously in the center of the unit while the control panel, which is located on the top portion, has only two simple buttons: Café Latté and Heat & Froth.
A built-in removable frother and coffee basket located in the middle part allows for easy cleanup and the refill/disposal of the coffee grounds. Last but certainly not least is a one-year limited warranty coverage, which comes standard with every purchase of this mini latté maker.
Simple Operation Feature
- The Mr. Coffee® Latte could very well be the simplest to operate latté maker in the history of coffee machines. All it requires are three simple steps of which are as follows:
Load water and coffee ground into the respective containers.
- Add milk into the frother/latté carafe
- Push the “Café Latté” button and wait for the cycle to finish
- Easy Clean-Up
- Ease of operation is obviously one strong suit of the Mr Coffee Latte Maker unit. But it also takes just a few seconds to clean it out right after the brewing process.
Extra care must be taken with the carafe, though, as it is not dishwasher-safe, so you’ll have to clean it by hand. But the detachable brew basket is dishwasher-safe so you can just pop it in, let it rinse and then plug it back on to the unit for the next round of brewing.
- Easy to use and clean
- Compact yet sturdy profile
- Automatic latte cycle
- Brewing versatility
- Recipe book allows you to be your barista
- The sleek, modern design will fit well with any kitchen set-up
- A good quality product worthy of its price
- Small capacity
- Not dishwasher friendly accessories
- Disposable coffee filters can add up to the cost of ownership
- Not a true latté machine since the milk froth is whisked, not steam-driven as should be in making lattés
- The purchase price could make a dent in the wallet of avid latté aficionados
If you are in the market for a no-nonsense coffee machine to add to your kitchen or dining countertop, consider getting the Mr. Coffee Latte (model#BVMC-EL1) for a different coffee experience.
Its simple features yet complicated brewing process makes it worth having as a secondary coffee maker at home, and you even get to save money by making your own latté (or close to it) right at home compared to costly take-outs.