Best Lightweight Vacuums 2020
Lightweight vacuum cleaners are gaining immense popularity amongst masses with their sleek and smart designs, as well as enhanced features. These lightweight home appliances can weigh as less than 3 kg, which is equivalent to almost 6 pounds! It is wonderful to note that manufacturers have produced vacuum cleaners built with light yet strong materials that can provide efficient cleaning performance.
Various companies have launched their versions of lightweight vacuum cleaners, each possessing unique modifications, and facilities. While the lightweight design has made the lives of millions comfortable and convenient, it has also lead to significant confusion in multiple buyers who are unable to select a suitable option in the wide variety available.
Read More: 10 Best Handheld Vacuums 2019 Pros & Cons
Often the wrong selection of a device can undermine it’s working potential; therefore, it is advisable to look for the best choice according to your requirements. It is wiser to choose an appliance based on your requirements, along with analyzing its plus-points and drawbacks. Here are detailed reviews on some of the best lightweight vacuum cleaners along with an ultimate buying guide to help you select a better option.
|Product||Brand||Rating||Buy From Amazon|
|Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner, 3-in-1||Dare Devil ||3.8||Buy Now|
|Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass||BISSELL||4.1||Buy Now|
|Eureka NES215A Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Handheld & Stick Vacuum Cleaner||Eureka||4.2||Buy Now|
|Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum||BISSELL||4.2||Buy Now|
|Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum||Shark||3.8||Buy Now|
*Product rating is following amazon.com.
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner, 3-in-1 Hand and Stick Vacuum
It’s rightly said that big things come in small packages. The Simple Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick vacuum is indeed an actual example. As a lightweight and sleek vacuum, this machine is often underestimated for its performance, but when it comes to real work, it can do wonders. Due to its 3way transformation capability, it can serve as a multipurpose cleaner.
The regular stick vacuum is used for carpets and floors; the extended vacuum covers hard to reach areas, whereas the hand cleaner provides easy cleaning for tabletops, vehicles, drapes, etc. The lightweight design does not strain muscles, and you can enjoy hours of the cleaning sessions. Also, it can be stored in a small space and can be carried easily from one place to another. It also comes with a washable filter that is cost-effective and hygienic. The typical stand-up design makes cleaning session stain and stress-free.
- 3-IN-1: Simple-Stik’s quickly transforms to whatever you need: a stick vac, a hand vac, or an extended hand vac; Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.35 Liters
- EASY TO USE: Take the chore out of cleaning with this lightweight, a ready-when-you-are bagless stick vacuum cleaner – even from right out of the box
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: Tidy up your hard floors and rugs with powerful straight suction. Tackle tight, hard to reach places with the hand vac + on-board crevice tool combo
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: The light, compact, and versatile vacuum design makes this great for dorms, apartments, and small spaces to store, use, and clean up easily
- RINSABLE FILTER: Keep your vacuum running stronger for longer with the easily accessed filter. Be sure to let the filter dry at least 24 hours before its next use.
Read More: 6 The Best Robot Vacuums Cleaners
1. Lightweight design is easy to handle.
2. Work capability can be compared with any heavy-duty cleaner.
3. Three-way transformation increases its functionality.
4.Ideal for low to high pile carpets, rugs, and even wooden floors.
5. The washable filter makes it cost-effective and hygienic.
- It is not suitable for long hour cleaning sessions.
Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
Everyone dreams of a neat and tidy house. It is one of the primal human necessity. To achieve the goal, a person always searches for the best, so the amazing 9595A Cleanview Bagless Vacuum is all that you are looking for. The term Clean View refers to the transparent body, which gives a clear vision of the dirtbag and other attachments. The multi-cyclonic system is so strong that it can suck the tiniest of dirt spec. It also separates the dust from debris, which makes cleaning of the dirt compartment convenient.
The innovative brush designs dig deep in the carpet to trap more dirt. Easy to empty dirt cup and the washable filter ensures easy maintenance. The long crevice tool can easily slide along the baseboards. There are turbo brush and dusting brush by which I depth cleaning of upholstery and furniture is possible. Besides being a lightweight vacuum, it also features a 25 ft long power cord that makes a long uninterrupted cleaning session possible.
- Fast and easy cleaning in a lightweight vacuum with powerful suction and innovative brush design that cleans more on the initial pass
- Innovative brush design rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass
- Cyclonic System for long-lasting, powerful suction
- TurboBrush tool for stairs, furniture, upholstery, and more
- Easy Empty dirt tank, Multi-Level Filtration, and washable foam tank filter.Note: Please refer user manual attached below for item installation and troubleshooting steps.Hose Length:6 inch.Brush System: Rotating Clear Window.
Read More: 6 Best Vacuums Cleaner For Hardwood Floor
1. Stylish body and transparent design are very eye-pleasing.
2. It has powerful cyclonic action which separates dirt and debris.
3. The washable filter makes maintenance easy.
4. Extended attachments and 25ft long cord allow individual and uninterrupted cleaning sessions.
5. The lightweight body can be carried anywhere easily.
6. Deep rotating turbo brush cleans the carpets in depth.
- Not suitable for hardwood floors.
- Frequent cleaning of a dirt tank is necessary for maximum output.
Eureka NES215A Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Handheld & Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The powerful swivel lightweight stick vacuum cleaner is a game-changer. A simple and robust machine that can clean all types of floors and can suck rid of dirt quickly. The massive dust nozzle can suck large debris easily. The rid of filth can collect a significant amount of dirt and debris and can be used multiple times without cleaning. The swivel steering improvises the maneuverability between furniture. It is provided with three in one crevice tool, which gives effortless and detailed cleaning.
The washable filter makes sure that less amount of dust returns to the environment. It has a powerful suction motor that gives efficient cleaning. The 18 ft long cord makes its mobility easy and convenient. Extremely lightweight and can be carried anywhere. The handstick can transform into a hand vacuum quickly.
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum cleaner for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka’s signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka’s capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease, unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality.
1. It is a lightweight bagless vacuum.
2. It has an extra-large dirt container that can suck a massive amount of dirt.
3. The filter is washable and restricts dust returning to the environment.
4. It can suck small and large particles quickly through large dust nozzle.
- The 18 ft. The Cord might restrict the work area.
- We might need a little care while handling.
Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum
The modern world of today has less room for detailed cleaning, especially when it comes to the domestic zone. The hustle and bustle of everyday routine are quite hard to cope with. In such circumstances, a handy yet useful vacuum cleaner is a blessing from above. The featherweight stick vacuum is light as a feather by all literal means. But the lightness of the gadget does not affect its efficiency at all. This little machine can suck almost every dirt spec within its range in a glimpse. It is equally effective for hard surfaces and high pile soft carpets.
The most brilliant feature is the transformation of a stick vacuum into a hand vacuum. The vacuum cleaner can easily convert into a hand vacuum, and with a little addition of floor nozzle, it can serve as an ideal cleaner for the staircase. The hand vacuum function can clean upholstery, drapes, etc. on the go. The 15 ft long cord allows mobility to a reasonable extent. Removable dirt container can be cleaned easily in no time. And above all, the sleek, compact, and lightweight design is easy to store and carry.
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick-ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning—three machines in one: a stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface Type: Counter Tops, Sealed Hard Floors, Low Pile Carpet.Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.67 L.
Read More: Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner 2019 Pros & Cons
1.A compact and lightweight vacuum which is easy to carry and store.
2. It saves both time and energy by giving in-depth cleaning in a small period.
3. It can be converted into a hand vacuum for tabletop cleaning and upholstery cleaning.
4. The removable dirt container is easy to clean.
- Frequent emptying of dirt container is necessary for maximum output.
- Care should be taken while using on hard surfaces.
The navigator freestyle cordless stick vacuum is designed with a vision. It features cordless technology, which makes maneuverability much more accessible. Moving from one room to another without worrying about the power plugs makes cleaning session hassle-free and quick. It has a bigger dirt container that can collect an enormous amount of dirt and debris. Regular cleaning of a dust compartment is not necessary; this makes it a low maintenance cleaner. It is most suitable for carpets, rugs, and hard floors at the same time.
The navigator freestyle cordless vacuum is light enough that it can easily be used by senior citizens, arthritis patients, or even people with special needs. The strong brush roll removes pet hair and strong debris easily. A cordless vacuum cleaner, it needs to be charged externally. But only four hours of charging is required, which surely goes a long way.
- Rechargeable cordless convenience Provides premium pet hair pickup throughout the home Charges in 4 hours and doubles as a storage dock
- Powerful and lightweight Portable and versatile at only 75 pounds
- 2-Speed Brushroll Optimized for carpet and bare floors108 V Battery Included. Amperage (amps)-10
- XL-capacity, easy-to-empty dust cup Extended cleaning without interruption
- Model numbers SV1106 and SV1106 N40 vary in packaging only.
Read More: 5 Power Full Pet Hair Vacuums 2019 Reviews
1. It is a cordless and lightweight vacuum
2. A powerful suction pump can suck dirt and stubborn debris quickly from carpet and floor.
3. It has an extra-large dirt container, which does not require frequent cleaning.
4. Double speed brush roll picks pet hair easily
- It requires external charging.
- Batteries are not included in the package.
Which is the best lightweight vacuum cleaner?
A Lightweight vacuum cleaner has more advantages over a heavier and bulkier vacuum cleaner.
Nowadays, people find it challenging to provide their house with regular cleaning sessions owning to the busy life with deadlines to meet and conferences to attend. This matter becomes even more hectic when they have to pull out a heavy vacuum cleaner to clean the smallest of things. Therefore, a lightweight vacuum cleaner does not only prevent this mental stress but allows convenient maneuverability.
You can easily carry the vacuum cleaner along the stairs without the risk of falling over. Older people or others inflicted with health issues can also clean easily whereas children can learn to perform cleaning chores safely.
What is the best vacuum cleaner?
Previously, the term ‘lightweight’ for any device was associated with possessing lower and weaker features. However, the time has changed, and technical experts have learned to provide lightweight gadgets with strong power potential. Thus, a majority of new lightweight vacuum cleaners have a higher suction force and powerful motors. It is incredible to note the cleaning quality that a lightweight vacuum cleaner can provide in a single go.
Moreover, the compact and light designing avoids storage issues, which are especially beneficial for small apartments and living spaces. While these lightweight vacuum cleaners can be placed behind a cabinet, they can be also hanged on a wall through wall-mounting features provided by various companies.
Things to consider!
Nobody would like to waste their hard-earned money by purchasing something that does not fulfill their needs. Therefore, before buying a lightweight vacuum, you must take into account whether it’s structural and functional specifications are befitting or not. Remember, when purchasing a lightweight vacuum cleaner, you may have to compromise on the number of features but never the quality. The prime features to consider carefully are:
It is advisable not to select any vacuum cleaner only because it’s lightweight. There is a huge variety available in lightweight vacuum cleaner ranging from the canister to handheld. Each vacuum cleaner type has its own set of pros and cons. Thus, consider each model and select one which suits your needs best.
The market offers lightweight vacuum cleaners on a wide cost range, with the majority between $30 – $90. Though, some can cost lower than this range or higher depending on the model, company, and features it provides. Choose a lightweight vacuum cleaner wisely, which is not only budget-friendly but provides considerable features.
The purpose of the lightweight vacuums is to ensure easy handling. Therefore, the majority of the models are designed such that their weight varies from 9 to 15 pounds. Even though the lighter ones offer greater portability; they do not provide many features. You will need to compare the features against the size of the model. Bear in mind, the lighter the vacuum, the pricey it is.
Multiple filters are installed in a vacuum to increase its working efficiency. Generally, manufacturers equip vacuums with one or two of the three different kinds of filters, including motor filters, exhaust filters, and HEPA filters.
All of the vacuum models have a primary motor filter. It protects your vacuum’s motor from microscopic particles as they may be damaging. Exhaust filters are designed to trap minute dust particles that manage to escape the dust bag. By doing so, it contributes to a cleaner environment and protects you from respiratory issues like asthma or allergies.
The word HEPA stands for ‘High-Efficiency Particulate Air.’ These filters are capable of removing particles as small as 0.3 microns. Therefore, it removes 99.97% of microscopic particles. For evident reasons, it is best to purchase a vacuum equipped with HEPA filters.
- What vacuum has the strongest suction?
The suction power of a vacuum determines its performance. It is specified by the manufacturers in various ways, including cycles per minute, watts, and amperes. Mostly, lightweight vacuum cleaners have strong suction force; however, it can vary from model to model. Note that, a lightweight vacuum with low suction force will not be able to perform well.
Before Investing in a vacuum, make sure you are entirely aware of its weaknesses and strengths. Buy a vacuum cleaner that serves you for its value and does not cost you much when it comes to maintenance. It is wiser to opt for the ones that come with a warranty.
- Bag or Bagless?
Bagged lightweight vacuum cleaners may eradicate the need of emptying the dirt cup, but they add on to the vacuum’s maintenance cost. Users may have to purchase and stockpile bags in case of emergencies. Whereas a bagless lightweight vacuum cleaner has low-maintenance cost and is an environmental design with no plastic bags to dispose of every month.
- Cord or Cordless?
Lightweight vacuum cleaners are available both with cord and without cord. Cordless vacuum cleaners are more preferred as they allow enhanced maneuverability and movement. While in a vacuum cleaner with a cord, the user is restricted to a limited area.
For cordless models, you will need to charge the battery. They may retain the charge for more than 30 minutes or up to several hours. The battery life of a cordless lightweight vacuum cleaner varies from model to model.
One of the many advantages of a lightweight vacuum is its easy and convenient storage. Owing to their small size, they can be stored almost anywhere in the house, be it your closet or pantry. Some of the models come with the facility of wall mounting to solve the storage issue.
Many lightweight vacuums offer this unique feature. With its help, you can clean hard-to-reach areas and the dark corners far more efficiently.
Nowadays, manufacturers provide a number of additional tools with vacuums to increase the productivity of the device. These tools include a crevice tool, dusting tool, pet hair tools, upholstery tools, etc. They can be attached one at a time. These tools save you precious time by lessening the time consumed in your home-cleaning routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average weight range of lightweight vacuum cleaners?
The weight of a lightweight vacuum cleaner varies significantly from company to company. A lightweight vacuum cleaner can have a maximum weight of 15 pounds and a minimum weight of 6 pounds. However, a majority of lightweight vacuum cleaners fall in the range of 9 to 15 pounds, therefore, it can be said to be their average weight range.
- Are lightweight vacuum cleaners expensive?
The cost of a lightweight vacuum cleaner will vary according to the manufacturer, the weight, and the features it offers. Usually, the lightweight vacuum cleaner of a reputable manufacturer with advanced features will be likely to be expensive. Also, a lighter version will cost more. However, a majority of lightweight vacuum cleaners cost around $ 30.
- How long should a lightweight vacuum cleaner last?
Generally, a lightweight vacuum cleaner should last for at least eight years. However, the lifespan greatly depends on the brand, which reflects the quality of production. A reputable company’s products are sure to last long. Furthermore, the lifespan can also be increased if the machine is managed with care and not overused.
- Does higher watts mean more suction power?
The answer is no. The wattage of a vacuum cleaner represents the watts of electricity it will consume and has no link to suction power or cleaning performance. Thus, a higher watt is equivalent to more electricity consumption within the same period that is an hour. However, the suction force, combined with airflow determines the cleaning performance of a vacuum cleaner. A higher suction force means more dust particles picked up in a single move.
The lightweight design is available in all types of vacuum cleaners, including canister, upright, handheld, and many more. This single feature of lightweight enhances maneuverability and portability to such an extent that people of all ages can comfortably finish the cleaning job without compromising the cleaning quality.
The modified features coupled with the lightweight make these vacuum cleaners wonderful home appliances that every working person should equip their cleaning gear. A layer of immense relief floods over a person when the cleaning task is completed without feeling exhausted.
Conclusively, now that the world has provided us with a lightweight version of vacuum cleaners comprising of the same features than who would bother to drag along a more massive vacuum cleaner. Who would not want to save time and energy without comprising indoor room quality? Therefore, choosing a lightweight vacuum cleaner is a much wiser decision than heavier ones as lightweight suits today’s modern lifestyle much better.
Call to Action
Humankind has always been attracted to making life a more effortless and comfortable journey. To achieve this goal, it has been continuously working and as a result, has molded a thousand things according to its present-day needs.
The lightweight design in vacuum cleaners is an example of such an effort made by mankind. This design has made regular cleaning sessions a convenient task that does not leave you drained out of energy or feeling tired. You can quickly clean up small messes around the house anytime without getting annoyed. You can even teach your kids to clean their mess independently from an early age!
When it comes to the elderly or people with problems like back pain, lightweight vacuum cleaners prove to be a blessing! For they no longer have to depend on others to clean up after them or fear falling over the stairs due to the vacuum cleaner’s weight.